Tuesday the 6th 2016

Voters Registration Information

Elections Logo = Victoria County Elections Administrator

Elections Administrator
Victoria County
2805 N. Navarro, Suite 500 * Victoria, Texas 77901 * 361-576-0124
e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Mail Ballot
To Help You

Any United States citizen may vote...

Provided you are

  • a resident of the county
  • at least 18 years of age on election day
  • registered to vote
  • not a convicted felon (unless a person’s sentence is completed, including any probation or parole)
  • not declared mentally disabled by a court of law

You may register to vote at any time:

Complete a postage-free post card application and mail it, or take it in person to the voter registrar in your county.

You must be at least 17 years and ten months of age on the date your application is submitted.

Your application must be submitted 30 days before an election for you to be eligible to vote in that election.

Your spouse, parent or child (acting as an agent) may complete and sign a voter registration application for you, provided that this person is a registered voter, or has applied for voter registration.

If any of the information on the application is incomplete, you will be notified and required to submit a second application. The second application must be received by the Voter Registrar within 10 days of the original application.

You will receive a Voter Registration Certificate within 30 days:

Check your certificate to make sure all information is correct. (If there is a mistake, immediately make corrections and return it to the registrar.)

You will receive a new color-coded certificate every two years.

The color of the 2016-2017 voter registration certificate is blue and white and is valid until December 31, 2017.

Change of address moving within the same county:

Promptly notify the voter registrar in writing of your new address by:

  • correcting the information on your current voter registration certificate and returning it to the voter registrar; or
  • by filling out a new voter registration form and checking the change box.

You will receive a new, corrected certificate.

You will be able to vote in your new precinct 30 days after your notice has been received.


You may vote a full ballot in your former precinct if your registration has not become effective in the new precinct.

You must notify the voter registrar of your change of address as soon as possible.

Name change:

Promptly notify the voter registrar in writing of the change following the same steps for change of address.

Your spouse, parent or child (acting as an agent) may complete and sign a change of name for you, provided that this person is a registered voter or has applied for registration.

You will receive a new, corrected certificate 30 days after your notice is received.

You may continue to vote. Vote by affidavit during this time if you used your certificate as your notice of name change.

Change of address
Moving to another county:

You must re-register! Complete an application and mail it or take it in person to the voter registrar of your new county.

You will be registered 30 days after your application is submitted.

You will receive a new certificate.

You may be eligible to vote a limited ballot in your new county of residence for 90 days after moving if:

  1. you were registered to vote in your former county at the time you moved;
  2. an election is held within 90 days after the move; and
  3. your registration in the new county is not yet effective.
If you vote a limited ballot, you may vote on all statewide offices, statewide propositions, and district offices which are common to both counties.

You must apply for a limited ballot and vote by personal appearance with the early voting clerk conducting the election in your new county during the early voting period which generally begins on the 17th day and ends on the 4th day before an election, or by mail if you are already eligible to vote by mail. You can not vote a limited ballot on election day.

If you lose or misplace your certificate:

Notify the voter registrar in writing and they will issue you a new one.

You may vote without your certificate by signing an affidavit at the polling place and showing some form of identification.