Tuesday the 6th 2016

Occupational Driver's License

Propert Records

How do I transfer property from one owner to another?

Generally, you should contact an attorney or title company to prepare the type of document required. Some forms are available in form books at your local library or at an office supply store. After the document is prepared, if it is a recordable document (which means it meets the recording standards and is properly signed and notarized) you may bring or mail the document to the Victoria County Clerk's Office to be recorded in Official Public Records. There is a fee to record your document.

I can not get my family member to sign a deed over to me, what do I do?

Contact an attorney for legal advice.

My mortgage company sent me this document to record, but I do not know what it means. Could you explain what this document does?

The Victoria County Clerk's Office cannot explain what a document does from a legal standpoint. Our office only handles the recording of documents in Official Public Records. We can not provide legal advice. You may wish to contact your mortgage company (the office that sent you the document) or contact your attorney.

I need a copy of my property map. Where do I go?

You may visit the Victoria County Clerk's main office in Victoria to obtain a copy of a recorded plat for your subdivision.

How do I find out who owns the property across the street from me?

Contact the Victoria County Tax Office, the Victoria County Central Appraisal District, or visit www.txcountydata.com and provide the address of the property to possibly locate the taxpayer/owner.

I have lost my original deed. Where can I obtain another one?

If your deed has been recorded in the Office of the County Clerk, you may obtain a certified copy of your deed, which will stand as the original. Otherwise, you may wish to contact an attorney for legal advice.

Who do I contact about collecting sales tax through my business?

Contact the State Comptroller at 1-800-252-8880

I want to incorporate my business. Who do I contact?

Contact the Secretary of State at 512-463-5555

I am starting my own business. I need to get a tax ID#. Where do I go?

Contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040

I want to start a business selling cotton candy. Who do I contact?

For any food related business if the business is within the city limits, contact City Hall. If the food related business is within the county, contact the Victoria County Health Department.

Where can I obtain resource information for starting a business?

Your local Chamber of Commerce.

Better Business Bureau 

Internal Revenue Service Small Business Workshops www.irs.gov


Is there a fee to file my Military Discharge Records (DD214)?

No. There is no fee to place your Military Discharge Records on file in Official Public Records.

Is there a fee for a copy of my Military Discharge Records (DD214)?

There is no fee for a copy of your Military Discharge Records if you show proof that it is needed to make a claim for military benefits.